Saturday 3 March 2012

Take Love Nightly

|


Up All NightHave you ever noticed the time stamps on my posts? Some will be clocked in the early hours of the morning, well before dawn has blinked an eye. The reason is simple: I have been a night person as long as I can remember, and I do my best work at night.

A BBC News article on 10 strange things that people do at night naturally caught my attention, interested as I was to read how fellow night owls spent their time outside the sunlight hours.

Vital reading for fellow night-lovers, the BBC report was inspired by another BBC article on the myth of the 8-hour sleep, and how centuries ago it was the norm to divide sleep into two segments. Historical documents suggest that doctors would even advise married couples to have sex before their "second sleep" as the best time to conceive, because they would be less tired than making love just before going to bed.

The medicine of night

Every individual will spend their segmented sleep time differently, as the BBC report shows. I especially enjoyed reading about the guy who prefers to stay in bed during his waking break and look forward to his dreams. I also find that it's the perfect time to think and be alone with my thoughts, whether it's about the day ahead, or planning the next instalment in my twin flame series. It provides a health benefit, too, as a form of self-meditation - you can use those quiet moments to iron out any stressful issues that modern living is bound to throw up.

And it's also an added health boost if my twin flame wakes up during this time and wants some extra loving. It's become a kind of ritual between us, secret moments snatched before the daylight hours wake us up to the rest of the world. My twin flame describes it as his night medicine, with enough sugar to help him go down :)

Take love nightly... but not lightly

Continuing on the theme of sex and segmented sleep (and the results from both!), firstly a separate BBC report shows that studies suggest sleep improves with age, rather than the opposite. I believe the same is true of lovemaking as well; it definitely improves with experience, and like other myths about ageing, as long as you respect your body, age need not be a barrier to keeping yourself youthful.

Underlining ageing (or rather growing up) is the last BBC report in my post, which highlights a rising trend in the V.I.K - the Very Important Kid.

Published in an article headlined as kidding around in hotels, it shows that luxury hotel chains have woken up to the fast-growing the kiddie market. It has gained importance enough that now in the style of V.I.P services, hotels are offering under-16s the V.I.K treatment. These are individualised programmes, where the children of those parents rich enough to afford it can spend the night at a top class hotel with access to the hotel's Teen Concierge to get them whatever they want.

Personally, I find this article a little disconcerting. I can understand parents who live such a lifestyle would want to share it with their children, but are their kids really getting to know the people their parents are? Is this what is meant by quality family time - to train children that adults are at their beck and call? It seems a somewhat shallow display of affection to me, because the most important thing a child needs to know is not that he or she is pampered, but that he or she is loved.

And yours in love,

Mickie Kent

0 comments: